We are delighted to announce that the first annual Dr. Douglas E. Price Award for Innovation winner is the Emily Gray Junior High Faculty, and will fund the EGJH S.T.E.A.M. Lab. The S.T.E.A.M. (Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Math) Lab will expand access for all EGJH students to hands-on engineering, scientific, and technical projects through short- and long-term projects undertaken by math, science, elective, and arts teachers and classes. Congratulations to the EGJH staff who collaborated on this grant request for their vision and innovative thinking!
The other 2015 grants funded at last night’s annual Grant Meeting are:
* graphing calculators for freshman and sophomore math at TVHS
* equipment to create a screen acting and short film class at TVHS
* equipment to establish a Virtual Reality classroom and afterschool club at ACES
* technology to incorporate mobile learning devices into the 6th grade curriculum at TVES
* significant expansion of the electronic library at EGJH and TVHS
* enhanced technology for the art classroom at TVHS
* technology resources for the ACES Special Ed department to enhance individualized student success
* investment in a Marimba for the TVHS Band program
Several additional worthy requests were considered and alternative sources of funding were identified that permitted TVF resources to be allocated to the grant requests above. These include:
* establishment of a Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden and Habitat at TVES
* improvements to the DECA Store at TVHS
* film equipment needed for the CTE/JTED program at TVHS
All of these projects will be funded in addition to the grant requests approved by TVF!
We are very pleased with the enhancements our efforts have been able to make to our children’s educational experience, but we’d like to do more – and for that we need your help! We are working to strategically realign our efforts, strengths, and opportunities, and would deeply appreciate more involvement from our TVUSD community – whatever your talents or time are, we can use your help! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about getting involved, and look for news about our 2015-16 school year kickoff to come in August.
Please save the dates for Tech Trek 2016 (1/30/2016) and Taste of Tanque Verde (4/23/2016)!